Starting a new club
What you need to consider
Club Durham supports the development of new sports clubs. When starting a new club there are some key things that you need to consider:
- Is there local interest in your proposed new club?
- Are there volunteers to support your club?
- Do similar clubs already exist in your area?
- How far away is the nearest club that would be similar to yours?
Where will the club be based?
How will the club be managed?
A committee is the easiest way for a club to be managed. As a minimum a committee will have a chairperson, treasurer and a secretary. Having a committee will spread the workload as well as bringing different ideas and skills into the club.
For more guidance on the how to set up a committee, roles and expectations of members, and the benefits of different club structures see Club management
Where to find support for starting a new club?
- Contact us for one to one support on starting a new club.
You should also contact;