Skip to main content

Mainsforth Cricket Club

Cricket


Mainsforth Cricket Club was founded in the early 1900’s by the miners at nearby Mainsforth colliery. The mine opened in 1905 and we believe that the cricket club was formed during the first five years of operation. Following the closure of the colliery in 1968 the ownership of the ground and facilities passed to Ferryhill Town Council, who are our landlords today.

In recent years a number of ground improvements have been carried out and we now have a cricketing facility which compares favourably with the best in the county. We have a friendly, sociable clubhouse with full bar facilities, and new members and visitors are always made welcome.

In the 2016 season we have senior first, second and third elevens competing in the North East Premier League. We also field 4 junior teams at under 18, 15, 13 and 11 age groups. The importance and commitment that we show towards our junior players is demonstrated by the club actively working towards achieving “Clubmark” accreditation.

Address


Mainsforth Cricket Club
Morrison Terrace
Ferryhill
DL17 9DQ

Contact Details


Website

Session Types


Adult Sessions
Junior Sessions